This Damask tablecloth has been treated with a finish that protects it from dirt and stains.
- Liquids such as wine and coffee lie like dew drops on the surface and can then be wiped away with a piece of kitchen towel or an absorbent cloth.
- Grease stains from butter or gravy will not penetrate into the fabric but can easily be scraped off with a spoon. The tablecloth can then be dried off with a moist piece of kitchen towel.
- Be sure to remove any spillage quickly and avoid rubbing the stain as this may cause it to be absorbed by the tablecloth fibres.
- Stains, in particular wine and coffee stains, can penetrate the finish and must therefore be washed clean. Wash at 40 or 60C.
- The tablecloth can be dry-cleaned; remember to mention that it has been treated with a stain-resistant finish.
- The effect of the finish wears off with each wash but will protect the tablecloth for the first 10-15 washes. The finish will then gradually wear off, leaving the tablecloth very much like any ordinary, untreated tablecloth.
- Ironing the back of the tablecloth after washing can partially restore the stain-resistant finish.
- RUCOSTAR finish, as it is called, ensures that the Damask tablecloth can be used several times between each wash. This benefits the environment and ensures a longer life for your tablecloth.